Life

Banner created with MyBannerMaker.com

16 January 2010

A new year, a new beginning

Bismillahir rohmanir rohim.

In the name of Allah, the Most Merciful and the Most Compassionate.

Today marks the first day of my blog i.e. on the sixteenth day of the first month of 2010.

I will endeavour to update my blog from time to time (assuming that career people are always busy and the fact that works will never cease once you start working).

So, for the first day, I will say something about the new year's resolution. Similar to past years, I do not normally have resolutions because from my past experience (especially during my school and university days), I always did not abide by them or fulfil them by the end of the year. Therefore, for the past three years, what I did was, I just have hopes @ inspirations that I desire the most to be achieved...and the trend will continue for this year as well.

So, my hopes for this year shall be:-

a) To be a better "muslimah" and "mukminah". Considering the advancing years in my age, I know it won't be long before my time in this world to be finally over. As such, I have to be prepared from now because you'll never know when my life is going to be "expired".

b) To be more considerate and patient when dealing with other human beings. Sometimes, I can simply get irritated by people's foolish attitudes and behaviours when handling professional matters. Allah, please give me extreme patience and consideration (though friends always tell me that I am patient and calm most of the time, I still need some "extras" features of this noble quality). Amin.

c) To be more financial-prudent. I need to learn effective wealth management and financial planning (because I tend to be more spendthrift than being thrifty).

d) To be more knowledgeable. With the busy life schedule at school, I usually do not have the time to read meaningful books. So, I will try to read at least one book per month.

Allahumma yassir walaa tu 'assir.







No comments:

Post a Comment